Four Archetypes: (From Vol. 9, Part 1 of the Collected Works of C. G. Jung) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #19: Psychology and the East: (From Vols. 10, 11, 13, 18 Collected Works) (Jung Extracts #19) (Paperback): $29.95
- #21: Aspects of the Feminine (Jung Extracts #21) (Paperback): $24.95
- #23: Aspects of the Masculine (Jung Extracts #23) (Paperback): $24.95
- #38: Essays on Contemporary Events: The Psychology of Nazism. with a New Forward by Andrew Samuels (Jung Extracts #38) (Paperback): $29.95
- #39: Psychoanalytic Years: (From Vols. 2, 4, 17 Collected Works) (Jung Extracts #39) (Paperback): $29.95
- #42: Mandala Symbolism: (From Vol. 9i Collected Works) (Jung Extracts #42) (Paperback): $30.50
One of Jung's most influential ideas has been his view, presented here, that primordial images, or archetypes, dwell deep within the unconscious of every human being. The essays in this volume gather together Jung's most important statements on the archetypes, beginning with the introduction of the concept in Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious. In separate essays, he elaborates and explores the archetypes of the Mother and the Trickster, considers the psychological meaning of the myths of Rebirth, and contrasts the idea of Spirits seen in dreams to those recounted in fairy tales.
This paperback edition of Jung's classic work includes a new foreword by Sonu Shamdasani, Philemon Professor of Jung History at University College London.
About the Author
Sonu Shamdasani is editor of The Red Book and Philemon Professor of Jung History at University College London.