Grief Ally: Helping People You Love Cope with Death, Loss, and Grief (Paperback)
Someone you love has faced a traumatic loss-how to help them cope, heal, and survive.
Your best friend has lost their spouse, your spouse has lost a parent, or someone close to you has lost a child. It doesn't matter what has happened-the loss is deep, heavy, and seemingly impossible. You want to help, but ... how? Unfortunately, we're not trained in the human art of knowing how to support a loved one in their darkest hour.
In Grief Ally, Aly Bird rips the curtain away on this inevitable dynamic called grief. After her husband's untimely death, Aly gradually learned to cope with constructive support from loved ones. However, she soon realized she was one of the lucky ones with unwavering friends and family in her corner. In this empowering guide, she gives you solid step-by-step advice on how to support "your person"-what they're experiencing, what you can do, and what you can't control.
Help your loved one feel like one of the lucky ones with this guide. You can't take the pain of loss away from someone you love, but by following the steps in Grief Ally, you can become their skilled, passionate advocate.
- How terrible clich's are more harmful than helpful and what tools to replace them with that support and comfort.
- The skillful art of asking the right questions to help your loved one heal.
- How to be a super human, not a superhero
- The two most important things you must provide as they grieve.
- How to keep your feelings out of their grieving process.
There isn't a cure for grief. Nothing you do can change that devastating reality-but you have power to alleviate sorrow. Read Grief Ally today so you can offer the support your person actually needs.